The delectable Jamaican recipes range from the mouth-watering Jamaican cabbage curry to the finger-licking Jamaican chicken curry; the latter being an intrinsic part of Jamaican culture and food habits. Owing to their simplicity and deliciousness, these Jamaican curries and meals have been on the rise in almost all cultures and diners today.
Today, topping these recipes, we have the "One-Pot Jamaican Chicken Curry Recipe", for you and what's better - we bring you the easiest way of cooking this curry for that minimalistic and yummy dinner; you have always been yearning for!
No fancy apparatus, just an instant pot or pressure cooker
Are you looking for an exquisite Spice King-inspired Jamaican Chicken Curry? Then look no further; all you need is a pressure cooker and Spice King's Caribbean Curry Gourmet Seasoning to enhance your cooking and achieve an optimum distribution of flavors in your meat. Jamaican chicken curry is unusual because it is a chicken dish that is cooked deep and low to permeate the chicken or turkey with all the great flavors.
In less than twenty or thirty minutes, you can get the same depth of flavor, including all the rich flavors of top chef's recipes, using your Instant Pot. If you are looking for a Caribbean-inspired supper, try this Jamaican curried chicken today!
Steps to make the curry
- The first step is to heat the pot (or, if you like, start with a pressure cooker and serve in a pot afterward) and add the oil.
- Season the meat with Spice King's Caribbean Curry Gourmet Seasoning and Spice King's All-Purpose Gourmet Seasoning.
- Sauté meat to seal the flavors.
- Add onions, scallions, scotch bonnet peppers, thyme, and all spices.
- Place the lid back on and allow the meat to cook in its own liquids.
- Lastly, let the pot stand for 10 minutes. It is essential to ensure the leftover pressure is released.
- Serve after a quick whisk.
What to serve it with
Let the curry rest for enough time to let the contents disperse evenly. But the real question is what to serve the meal with? Well, we've got you covered!
Some simple yet exquisite garnishing that would pair phenomenally with Spice King's Caribbean Curry include:
- Grilled pearl onions with a sour, tangy, and spicy essence are a perfect choice. These are quick and easy to prepare in your frying pan as a dipping sauce or topping for your curry.
- A rice recipe will help to temper the chilies' spiciness. You could also attempt a brown rice preparation and savor the flavorful blend.