Check out the Hungry Black Man article here: https://thehungryblackman.com/2018/09/20/award-winning-chef-creates-amazing-seasoning-and-spice-line/
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 strip of smoked bacon sliced into ½ inch pieces or 2 tablespoons of smoked turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup onions or shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup of tri-colored peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups of shredded collard greens tough stems and ribs removed
- 2-3 cups half and half
- 1 cup of water or meat stock
- The Spice King Gourmet Seasoned Sea Salt, to taste
- The Spice King Gourmet Collard Green Seasoning
- The Spice King Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shaved asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley for garnish
- Sauté bacon with butter until crispy.
- Add flour and whisk well.
- Add peppers and onions and sauté for two (2) minutes.
- Add garlic and collard greens while sautéing for 2-3 minutes or until collards are wilted.
- Add half and half and continue cooking until greens are tender. Add water/stock, if necessary, to thin sauce.
- Season to taste with fresh cracked black pepper, nutmeg, The Spice King Gourmet Collard Green Seasoning, and The Spice King Seasoned Sea Salt.
- Add cheese reserving a little for garnish.