Just add css and js
Skip to content
- 1 lb conch
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 yellow scotch bonnet pepper (if you do not want it spicy, remove seeds)
- 1 onion
- 4 scallions
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 tablespoon Spice King Gourmet Seafood Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon Spice King All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 3-4 cups v8 vegetable juice or (enough to make a thick batter)
- 8 dashes crystals hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Soak conch in water with a few sprinkles of meat tenderizer, and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme over night, or for at least an hour.
- The next night, drain and cut conch into fine pieces with knife or process in food processor. Cut vegetables in small dice and sauté with a little olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and allow to sit for at least an hour to allow flavors to develop.
- Fry in peanut oil at 350 degrees or medium high heat until done. (Before frying I season my oil by sautéing onions, bay leaves, peppercorns, scotch bonnet peppers in the oil.)
- When fritters come out of the oil, sprinkle lightly with Spice King Gourmet Seafood Seasoning.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.