Looking for a ultra crispy flavorful hot wing recipe? Looking to wow your Super Bowl guests? Look no further! This sauce is the most succulent wing sauce on the planet! These wings will remain crispy for hours, even drenched in sauce. This recipe is epic!!
- 5 pounds chicken drumettes/wingettes
- Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Canola or peanut oil, for frying
FOR THE CRUST MIXTURE
- 3 cup corn starch
- 1-2 tablespoons Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning
TO SCENT THE OIL
- ½ onion sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Few cloves
- 1 teaspoon of lemon oil or slices of lemon
FOR THE WING SAUCE
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 -6 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 small minced onion
- 1/2 bell pepper finely minced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Accent or Chinese salt
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 4oz pkg Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 bottles (24oz) your favorite Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon scotch bonnet purée (or any hot pepper)
- Few drops red food color
- Season wings generously with Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning, and lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Marinate overnight.
PREPARE THE WING SAUCE
- Sauté finely chopped vegetables in butter until translucent and flagrant.
- Add hot sauce and other ingredients.
- Whisk until well incorporated over medium heat.
TO FRY CHICKEN
- Using a fryer or a large pot, heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add bay leaf, scotch bonnet pepper, slice of onion, black pepper corns, scotch bonnet pepper to scent oil.
- Fry until onion is golden brown and remove from oil.
- Toss chicken in flour mixture.
- Deep fry the wings until golden and crispy, approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- Immediately lightly dust wings with Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning.
- Drizzle or toss hot wings into wing sauce.
- Remove from sauce.
- Place wings on a platter and serve with creamy Roquefort dip, celery strips, and serve immediately.