My good friend Roya is the queen of Cajun Creole shrimp! She called me this morning raving over this dish and we spent hours on the phone discussing how to make it even better! Serve with garlic buttered baguettes, Rice, or Buttered Garlic noodles.
- 1/2 lb of shrimp, deveined but shells left in tact
- 3/4 stick of butter about 6 tablespoons
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon of Crystal’s Louisiana Hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon The Spice King Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon The Spice King Gourmet Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash of allspice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley as garnish
- Thinly sliced scallions as garnish
- In a sauce pan, add butter, garlic, cornstarch and simmer on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spices, sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat slightly and add shrimp tossing to coat evenly with sauce.
- Cook until shrimp are done and sauce is reduced. Do not over cook.
- Garnish with parsley, scallions, and slices of lemon or lime.