Just add css and js
Skip to content
Keith Lorren's BBQ or Deep Fried Ribs
- 2 slabs baby back ribs
- Keith’s BBQ sauce (recipe below)
Spice King Country BBQ Rub or a Chipotle BBQ Rub
- Meat tenderizer (optional)
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- BBQ grill
- Coal Briquettes
- Oak wood, cinnamon sticks, onion for smoking
INGREDIENTS FOR KEITH'S BARBECUE SAUCE
- 3 lbs ketchup
- 10 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 3 inch piece of celery chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup juice from baked ribs
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp chili paste
TO DEEP FRY RIBS
- Remove tough membrane from ribs.
- Poke holes in the meat with fork or knife to allow flavor penetration.
- Slice ribs, sprinkle a little meat tenderizer, and generously season with Spice King Country BBQ Rub.
- Allow to sit over night, and then the next day you can add a few bay leaves, onions, peppercorns, allspice berries, to the peanut oil.
- Fry spices for about 5 -10 minutes and remove.
- Deep fry ribs at about 350 degrees for about 7-10 minutes.
- After you remove it from the oil, lightly dust it with more Spice King Country BBQ Rub and it's perfect!!!
TO GRILL BBQ RIBS
- Remove the tough membrane from the ribs.
- Poke holes in the ribs with knife or fork, so that seasoning will penetrate.
- In a baking pan, moisten ribs with a little olive oil and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar for each slab.
- Lightly sprinkle ribs with meat tenderizer or salt.
- Generously add Spice King Country BBQ Rub on both sides, massage, and allow marinading over night.
- The next day, slow bake the ribs at 200 degrees for about 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- We then take the ribs outside and smoke it on a BBQ grill.
- On one side of the grill place your coals.
- On the other side place a shallow pan of water.
- Place the ribs on the side with the water.
- On the opposite side, after your coals have ashed over, make a mini boat shaped smoker by folding aluminum foil into a boat shape.
- Place onions, hickory, cinnamon sticks, and oak wood, allspice berries in the aluminum, directly on top of the smoldering coals.
- Smoke the ribs for 1 .5 hours to 2 hours.
- These ribs are so good they don't need sauce... but if you must have sauce, our recipe is below!
FOR KEITH'S BARBECUE SAUCE
- Sauté vegetables in butter until flagrant and tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 45 minutes to 1 hour on medium low heat or until the sauce has thickened.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.