Try our rendition of a southern classic.
- 5-6 lbs of skinned and chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark spiced rum
- 1 orange quartered
- 1 lemon quartered
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and simmer until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- In a sauce pot, add sugar, honey water, lemon, orange, flavorings, salt, nuts, rum and bring to a boil.
- Place potatoes in a casserole dish and pour sauce over potatoes.
- Place butter slices over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.