Just add css and js
Skip to content
Keith Lorren's Caribbean Style Oxtail
- 4-5 lbs of cleaned, fat trimmed oxtail
- Spice King Beef Stew & Oxtail Seasoning
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil for pot
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 16 oz canned butter beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper for garnish
- 2 bunches fresh scallions
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 onions
FOR THE DUMPLINGS
- 2 1/2 all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of water or more to form dough
- dash of chicken bouillon
- Wash and trim excess fat of of oxtail
- In a large bowl, Season generously with Spice King Beef Stew & Oxtail Seasoning and add soy sauce.
- Allow to marinate over night or for 1 hour.
PREPARE SEASONING PASTE
- Prepare seasoning paste by adding mentioned items in food processor.
CONTINUE PREPARING OXTAIL
- In a large pot with tight fitting lid, add olive oil and brown oxtail over medium heat, approximately 7 minutes
- Add 90% of the seasoning paste, ketchup, and cover.
- Allow to cook for 30 minutes or until oxtail has created its own juices.
- Add water and milk and simmer on medium temperature for 1.5- 2 hours or until tender.
- Swirl pot often to prevent sticking.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and sugar.
- Gradually add water and kneed until a soft dough has formed.
- Form dumplings and set aside.
- When oxtail is tender, add dumplings.
- Taste for flavor. Add more Spice King Beef Stew & Oxtail Seasoning, if necessary.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add butter beans and sliced red bell pepper.
- Simmer an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with Keith Lorren's Caribbean Style Rice & Peas.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.