This chocolate lava cake is rich and decadent.
- 8.5 oz Giradelii 60% dark Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Butter
- 7 Eggs, divided
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Few dashes of Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice
- Pinch of espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered Sugar, for garnish
- Raspberries for garnish
- Place a pan of water in the oven and preheat the oven to 400º.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and chocolate. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix 4 eggs with sugar, vanilla, spice, salt.
- Whisk. Then add flour while continuing to whisk.
- Add the remaining 3 eggs and whisk.
- Then add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour this entire mixture into individual buttered ramekins.
- Lower temperature to 390º and place ramekins into the water bath
- Bake until just done, about 15 minutes (interior will be melting, not set). Do not over cook.
- Top with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries.
- Serve with ice cream.