Just add css and js
Skip to content
Keith Lorren's Southern Collard Greens
- 2-3 tablespoons Spice King Collard Greens Seasoning or more
- 2.5 lbs chopped Collard greens
- 2.5 lbs chopped Turnip greens
- 1 Onion2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 teaspoon sugar(optional)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 large smoked ham hock split
- 1/4 lb smoked pork neck bones
- 1/4 lb smoked pig tails
- 1/4 lb smoked turkey wings
- 4 strips smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Fill a large pot with water and simmer smoked meat until water has reduced by 3/4 ( about 1 to 1.5 hours) or until tender (water should be reduced so that only about 1 inch remains).
- In a sauté pan render bacon in olive oil until crispy. Remove bacon from oil.
- In the same bacon oil, add chopped onion, celery, garlic and bell pepper to sauté pan.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender and translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped collard greens to broth simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped Turnip Greens to Broth.
- Add Spice King Collard Greens Seasoning, vinegars, and scotch bonnet to broth.
- Simmer greens for 15 minutes and add sautéed vegetables and crumpled crisp bacon.
- Simmer until tender (45 minutes to 1 hour) or until tender.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.