Just add css and js
Skip to content
Smothered Turkey Wings in Haitian Creole Sauce
Haitian Creole Sauce
- 10 lbs turkey wings chopped
- 3/4 cup or 10 tablespoons of Seasoning Paste for marinading
- (*save half of the remaining seasoning paste to add to pot while turkey is cooking. freeze or use the extra seasoning paste for other recipes)
- 4 tablespoons Spice King All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons clove
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 bay leaves
- juice of 1 orange & 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, whole
- 24oz tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp (optional)
- Few sprinkles of yellow coloring powder for color
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions chopped
- Few tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salt / Pepper / Spice King All Purpose Seasoning, for taste
- Puree all seasoning paste ingredients in a blender.
- Reserve half of the seasoning paste to add to turkey as it's cooking, and add 10 tablespoons or 3/4 cup of the paste to turkey for marinading.
- Add Spice King All Purpose Seasoning, chicken bouillon, clove, salt, and sugar.
- Black pepper, allspice, bay leaves, juice of 1 orange & 1 lime, soy sauce to turkey wings and mix well. Allow to marinade over night.
- Add marinaded turkey wings to a large pot along with 1/2 of remaining seasoning paste, yellow coloring powder, tomato sauce, tomato paste, scotch bonnet peppers.
- Bring to a simmer and cook covered until tender.
- Adjust flavor with Spice King All Purpose Seasoning, and salt & pepper.
- Remove excess fat that rises to the top of the pot, if desired.
- Sauté garnish ingredients in olive oil and add to turkey once tender and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.