Just add css and js
Skip to content
Spice King's Cuban Black Beans & Yellow Rice
- 14 oz dried black beans
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda (keeps beans black)
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Spice King’s Garlic Mojo Seasoning Paste
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cumin
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoon Spice King All Purpose Seasoning
- freshly cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse beans, soak over night.
- Simmer covered in water until soft.
- Sauté onion, garlic paste, bell pepper, jalapeño, in olive oil until translucent.
- Add oregano, Spice King All Purpose Seasoning, then add sautéed ingredients to beans. Simmer until beans are cooked and soft. Adjust flavor with salt/pepper.
- Serve topped with chopped onions, parsley/cilantro, lime, chopped tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.