Just add css and js
Skip to content
The Spice King’s Famous Fried Chicken
SEASONING FOR OIL
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- slice of ginger
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries
FOR THE BREADING
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons The Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning
- Poke holes in the chicken with a fork or a sharp knife to allow flavors to enter meat.
- Make a buttermilk brine by combining milk, salt, seasonings, lemon juice, and The Spice King Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce.
- Add chicken parts and marinate over night for best results!
- The next day, add 1 egg to the marinated chicken and mix well to incorporate.
- In a large plastic bag, add flours/starch, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces a few at a time, and toss so that chicken is coated well.
- Allow chicken to sit in the flour for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet or a deep pot to 350 degrees, add enough oil/lard so that chicken is covered by at least one inch of oil.
- When oil reaches temperature, add bay leaves, allspice berries, onion, and The Spice King Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce.
- Fry these ingredients until the onion is golden brown (this flavors the oil).
- Remove from oil and add a few pieces of chicken and fry for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Turn chicken so that it cooks evenly on all sides.
- Remove chicken and place on a wire rack to drain and cool slightly.
- Lightly dust chicken with The Spice King Gourmet Poultry Seasoning.
- Serve with The Spice King Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce and enjoy!!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.