Excellent seasoning for grilled items! When grilling, clean the seafood or meat with lime juice, add a few tablespoons of the jerk rub, and grill over coals, pimento or oak wood, and a cinnamon stick for good measure. This produces a flavorful smoke that’s unforgettable! Use on seafood, pork, poultry, beef, and lamb.
- 1 bottle of The Spice King Jerk Seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh scallions
- 2-3 scotch bonnet peppers (2 for a mild sauce, 3 or more for a spicier sauce)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or mushroom sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow or white onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Puree all mentioned ingredients in a food processor.
- Store in the refrigerator and use as necessary. This mixture will last up to 2 weeks.