It takes just a little extra effort to turn ordinary baked potatoes into extraordinary baked potatoes! This video prepares a twice baked spicy baked potato. Seasoned with aromatic spices and loaded with the goodness of cheese and bacon, these make a great side dish. Both crisp and hearty, serve this with steak or broiled lobster tails…. Mmmm, it's superb.
- 10 large potatoes
- Oil for greasing potatoes
- The Spice King All Purpose Seasoning for seasoning out side of potato
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese plus more for garnishing top of potato
- 1 lb package of smoked bacon cooked
- 2 tablespoons The Spice King All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives plus more for garnishing potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Oil and season outside of potato with oil and The Spice King All Purpose Seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Once cooled, cut top portion of potato off and scoop insides out into a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 8oz cream cheese, 2 tablespoons The Spice King All Purpose Seasoning, 1/2 to 1 cup of evaporated milk depending on desired texture, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon of chives, 1 tablespoon celery, 1 tablespoon bell pepper, 1/2 to one cup chopped bacon according to preference.
- Blend all ingredients with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spoon ingredients into potato shells.
- Garnish with additional chopped chives, cheese and bacon
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cheese has melted and potatoes are set.