Looking for the perfect pie to share with friends and family, Try The Spice King’s Blackberry-Blueberry pie. The combination and flavor of the berries is amazing. You can use this recipe to make an all blueberry pie, or an all blackberry pie also! Lattice top or crumb topping works perfectly! When I was younger, My grandma June would always make pies for us during berry season! Her crust and texture of pies still linger in my heart and I am so happy to share the memory of her and her great cooking with you! Hope you enjoy eating these pies as much as I do!
- 2 batches of The Spice King’s Flaky Pie Crust recipe, or 2 store bought pie crusts
- 5 cups of berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons berry flavored liqueur
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon The Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (unbleached, raw sugar has a better flavor)
FOR THE PECAN CRUMB TOPPING
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons chopped pecans/walnuts
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter chopped into small pieces
- Prepare pie crusts as directed, or set out two store bough frozen pie shells.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss together the berries, vanilla, liquor, sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, toss together salt, sugar, corn starch, The Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice.
- Combine the berries and flour mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add berry mixture into pie crusts.
- Distribute the butter pieces evenly over both pies.
- To make the crumb topping, mix ingredients together with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over both pies.
- Bake on a baking sheet until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.