Just add css and js
Skip to content
Keith Lorren's Southern Macaroni & Cheese
- 16 oz box elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 oz cream cheese sliced small
- 1/4 cup Velveeta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium onions chopped finely in food processor
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoon Spice King All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top of casserole
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese for sprinkling on top of casserole
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Grease a 16 inch square baking dish.
- Alternate layers of the macaroni and cheeses in the dish, beginning with macaroni and ending with a cheese layer.
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter and stir the flour until smooth.
- Gradually blend in the milk.
- Heat mixture to a boil, stirring constantly and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon Spice King All Purpose Seasoning, onion, and parsley.
- Pour sauce over macaroni and cheese.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Dissolve the 1 teaspoon Spice King All Purpose Seasoning and 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon in the melted butter and sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Add a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.