World’s best banana pudding recipe! If a Crème brûlée and a bananas foster had a love child, this banana pudding would be the result! Absolutely everything you seek in deliciousness!!!
- 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 5 bananas sliced and tossed with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 1 boxes Nilla wafers
FOR THE MERINGUE
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Few tablespoons cognac
- Sprinkling of sugar
PREPARE THE PUDDING
- In a sauce pan, whisk milk, cream, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla together, Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice, and rum.
- Gradually whisk in flour and simmer until thickened, stirring constantly for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in butter and remove from heat.
- On a flat baking tray, place sliced bananas and lightly sprinkle sugar over each slice.
- With a blow torch caramelize the slices.
- In a casserole dish layer cookies, caramelized bananas.
- Top with pudding ending with a cookie layer.
- Repeat process until casserole dish is filled.
PREPARE THE MERINGUE
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites, cream of tarter, until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over the top of banana pudding.
- Pour cognac over meringue, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Flambé with a torch or broil in the oven to brown the meringue.
- Cool at least 1 1/2 hours until pudding is cool and has set.