- Set of 12 ring molds (mine are about 7 cm high, 8 1/2 cm across each)
- Culinary torch
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 3 cups graham crackers crumbs finely ground
- 1 cup melted salted butter
- drizzle of honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- dash of Spice King Gourmet Dessert Spice
CHOCOLATE NUTELLA LAYER
- 1/2 cup of chopped, toasted mixed nuts (hazelnuts, pecans, cashews, peanuts)
- 1 (26oz jar Nutella) heated in microwave until melted
MILK CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 2 1/4 cups dark chocolate chocolate chips
- 3 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners'
- 1 1/2 package cream cheese, softened (12oz)
DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- pinch of salt
PREPARE THE CRUST
- Mix all crust ingredients in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of crust mixture to each ring mold, and press it firmly and evenly around the bottom of each mold.
- Torch each crust slightly for a few seconds each to slightly melt the crust and add another layer of campfire greatness.
PREPARE THE TORTE
- Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of mixed toasted nuts on top of each crust.
- Pour 1/4 cup of melted Nutella on top of the mixed nuts, make sure Nutella is evenly spread
PREPARE THE MILK CHOCOLATE LAYER
- Microwave chocolate morsels on high for 90 seconds or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals; cool 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Beat confectioners' sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in melted morsels until blended.
- With clean mixing paddles, beat remaining whipping cream in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon chocolate filling layer evenly into all of the ring molds making sure to smooth evenly the top of each individual dessert for presentation. (You should have at least 1 cm of space remaining so that you can pour the ganache on top.)
PREPARE THE GANACHE LAYER
- Microwave chocolate ganache ingredients on high for 90 seconds or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals; until smooth.
- Cool for 1 minute.
- Pour ganache layer on top of the milk chocolate layer.
- Smooth with a spoon so that it is even and attractive.
- Refrigerate dessert overnight.
PREPARE THE MARSHMALLOW CREAM TOPPING
(You can do this also the night before.)
- Combine the corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and water in a saucepan and stir well.
- Cook over high heat, swirling the pan by its handle until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the syrup reaches the soft-ball stage and the temperature reads 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. (If you don't have a thermometer, it should be ready after the 7 minutes. Mixture will roll around slightly almost like a soft gooey ball.)
- While the syrup boils, place the egg whites in a grease free mixing bowl with the cream of tarter, salt, vanilla and beat at medium speed until frothy.
- Increase the speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the hot syrup into the whipped egg whites very slowly with the mixer on medium speed. Keep mixing until mixture holds its shape.
- Refrigerate until cold.
SERVING THE DESSERT
- With a blow torch, individually you will have to torch the outsides of the molds slightly so that it's easy to press down from the top while lifting each mold up. The torch will loosen the dessert from the mold. Do this for each individual dessert.
- Place each dessert on a plate and torch the outside of each dessert slightly so that it will have a nice shine (it melts the chocolate slightly so that it shines).
- Spoon a big dollop of the marshmallow cream on top of each dessert and also torch the cream for a few seconds so that it gets a quick golden brown color and gives it the camp fire s'mores look.
- Serve and be astonished!!